Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Books-A- Threesome!

This year.. even though I'm late posting, one of my resolutions is to read MORE!! I love to read, but have not been able to read as much due to the homeschooling of five children that constantly need my attention. So, it's official, I started reading three books in January. Crazy Love, by Francis Chan, which was on my list. All I can say about this book is... I think every Christian should read it. It has been eye opening and a life changing experience! If you haven't read it go get it, buy it, borrow it, whatever you need to do and read it!


The second book is Adopted for Life, by Russell Moore, our dear friend and pastor. We adore him and his family and are so blessed to have him at Highview. I'm only halfway through it.. but it is incredible. GET IT! READ IT! Even if you're not the least bit interested in adopting, if it's not even on your radar, if you feel as though maybe God IS leading you to adopt, internationally or stateside... YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!! That's all I'm going to say about that.


And finally, one accomplishment... Bekah and I finished Girltalk by Carolyn Mahaney. I can't say enough great things about this book. If you have a daughter, middle school or high school, this is a MUST READ in my opinion. If you have daughter that is younger than that, go and get this book and save it for when she's ready! It is one of the best books on biblical womanhood for young girls I've read.



Now on to Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy... I'll let you know about that one soon! Anybody read any other good books lately?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stephanie, Thank you for that sweet word about R's book. We love and appreciate the oodles of Odles! Love, Maria